Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tribeca Tavern, and a note about ice cream...

My dad and his girlfriend came to town last night for a quick visit, and we went to Tribeca Tavern for dinner. Several folks I know had said positive things about it, so I figured I'd give it a shot.
They pride themselves on their burgers, and I think they do a good job on them. They're ground 'in-house', and the kitchen will cook them how you want, so if you ask for 'medium-rare', you'll get it. I had a simple bacon-cheddar burger, and aside from being really messy, it was quite tasty.

The beer selection is pretty good, too, and they have a lot of NC beers to choose from. I had an Aviator Belgian White that I liked.

After my visit with my dad, I finished up the ice cream recipe I started the other night. Mr. Lebovitz is right, it doesn't have the most appetizing appearance, but the "banana-brown sugar coconut milk" ice cream was pretty tasty. It would probably very nice with something chocolate, like a chess pie, or flourless chocolate cake or something.

No comments: