Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Udupi, Idupi, Wealldupi...

It's day 2 of the 'vegan challenge', and I'm already feeling the strain.
My breakfast today was some fruit (cantaloupe and an orange), and when I reached into the fridge to put my leftover cantaloupe in, I admit that the eggs in my fridge were very tempting.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think that's the toughest part for me. It's not the "no meat", that's surprisingly easy. It's the "no animal products".

But there's one place where it's easy to get a vegan/vegetarian meal, and that's Udupi Cafe. We went there for lunch today, and it was great. The food was good (even though I have no idea what most of what I ate was), and I didn't have to deny myself anything. I think if I were a permanent vegan, I'd be eating there an awful lot.

No comments: