Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Long time gone...

I read somewhere that you should never comment on why it's taken a long time between blog posts, since people are more interested in your content than your personal life.
With that in mind, I won't dwell much on why I haven't posted in a long time. I spent some time this winter and spring doing recipe testing for a cookbook that's coming out in the fall, and that kind of took me out of action for long enough that it's been hard to get going again.

Hopefully, I can get my mojo back, and start blogging a lot more. Not much food related to say today, except that I did a sweet boston butt over the weekend, which was pretty tasty, and easy. I'll post pics of it later.
I also bottled some beer recently that I'd had in the garage for 5-6 months, and rather than do regular bottles, I chose to use growlers. I didn't have high hopes for using growlers, but I also didn't think the beer would be very good anyway, so....
The beer turned out ok though. It's got a slight aftertaste that I'm not sure if I like or not, but other than that, it's a decent homebrew. I'll post a pic of the beer tonight as well.

Finally, check out this great looking cucumber salad link from today's Washington Post food section: http://projects.washingtonpost.com/recipes/2009/05/27/sweet-and-sour-cucumber-salad

No comments: